It looks like it will have to be a little while longer before we can start training at the gyms again or our preferred classes and locations.
I do miss training at the gym and having access to all the equipment. However, I use fitness for a lot more than just physique as I’ve said previously and I will still benefit from training with or without a gym, body goals or not. Therefore, I’ve modified my training to be from home with mostly just bodyweight as I don’t have much equipment. I will continue to work out from home for all the benefits and simply even just the endorphins.
I’ll often train this way if I’m on holiday let’s say and don’t have access to a gym, but usually it’s not for this long. It’s testing my attitude and discipline, so I thought I’d point out the positives I’ve found from exercising at home.
- Not too busy – no people standing over me while I train or hitting me or my equipment mid rep.
- More space – well I don’t really have much space to train in and it’s a fraction what I would have in the gym, but at least the space is less crowded.
- Less waiting time – no long lines waiting for the squat rack or bench press, dumbbells or barbells. Of course, I don’t have any of this equipment, but at least I don’t have to wait.
- Less time waisting – without too many distractions, exercising with fewer interruptions has its perks.
- Relearning the basics – some of the most basic movements, exercises, and techniques which are often forgotten with the availability of more equipment are essential in home training and now everything.
- Fitness fashion – I rarely care what I wear to the gym. I usually just use my old clothes, but now for everyone even pyjamas, or questionable outfits are all acceptable.
On a more serious note, probably the biggest and most important positive for me is that working out from home enables me to return to and focus on my primary reasons for training which among some others are self-discipline, self-work, and self-improvement without the wider distractions.
What are the positives you’ve found from exercising at home?
*There are so many programs and classes available at the moment including the videos of the live classes with LIFE ON FITNESS. Check them out here and here.*
0 comments on “Positivity Training”